Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rock On---Oops---Walk On!

I have been reading a book called "Heaven is for Real". It is a true story about a four year old boy who while on the operating table goes to heaven then comes back. He says he went to heaven for 3 minutes. He describes everything he saw and learned. His parents were amazed that he knew things they had never told him or anyone, not even relatives, like the fact that the mother had lost a baby 2 months into a pregnancy before the boy, Colten was even born. Anyway. It is good and encouraging, uplifting. It reminds me just how much God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit love us and how awful Satan is. The little boy has such an urgency, that people "have to know Jesus" so they can go to heaven. My uncle Frank passed away and his funeral was today. Sadly I was unable to make it to Midland Texas to go to it, but my mom and dad went. All I could do is call my cousin and send flowers. Doesn't feel like much. I am praying for them, since it is all I can do. I know prayer is powerful and the best thing we can do for someone, but still...I wish I could do more...be there for my cousins. Death always has a way of reminding us of how short life is which causes us to look at and evaluate our lives. Am I doing enough to let others know about Jesus? The business of life makes it so hard. It is so easy to put things off then time goes by and you wonder if you have done enough. It is hard to know when your focus is so unclear and distracted. Mine is. Ugh. Give me clarity so that I can see your heart, your plan and follow your agenda, not mine Lord! I pray you are having a day of more clarity than me. Keep focusing on God and pricking your ears to hear him lead. "Walk On!". That will be my mantra instead of "Rock On!" But yes I will still think of the words in a rocker voice to motivate me. Can't help it. Just the way I roll.

No comments: