Friday, March 4, 2011

I Heart American Idol

I admit it, it feels like a guilty pleasure, but I love, love, love American Idol. Miss Simon Cowell. I think the new judges (Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez) are too nice. They don't give great feedback. There are some performances that just aren't that great and they rave about them. I agree with Randy usually, and like the judgement called as it really is. Just my opinion. I have been nicely surprised at how Super Sweet Steven Tyler is. He is such a sweetie to everyone and so genuinely kind. That is why it is hard for him to judge as critically.

Anyway, now on to the contestants. This year my favs are all males. My three favorites are: Scotty McCreery, the sweet, humble cowboy singer you just can't not like; James Durbin-a powerful rocker with an amazing voice who has the diagnosis of Turrets Syndrome and Aspergers. You wouldn't even know it if he hadn't said it. He seems nice too. And last, but not least, the most talented one of the bunch, Casey Abrams. He can play so many cool instruments and never dissappoints. He is so naturally gifted, and comfortable up on stage and Crazy Good!

So there you have it. Yes I like the other contestants, but these three really Rock! They blow me away with their talent. Especially since I have none musically. I can't carry a tune for the life of me, never have and never will. Neither can my husband so my poor kids don't have a chance. Sigh. I can't play any instrument either. After two years of piano I got kicked out of lessons for not practicing enough and was told by my teacher that I was the worst student she had ever had. I went home crying but relieved. Alas I won't be on Idol myself, but sure do enjoy watching others. Soooo, are you an Idol Lover too? I know, biblically that sounds bad, don't mean it that way....Just love the show....and those awesome Boys!

No comments: