Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring Break

Have had a fun Spring Break week. I worked Monday and Tuesday while Brook watched my boys and I watched hers on Wednesday and Thursday while she worked. I had so much fun. I had gone to Barnes and Noble and bought two science experiment kits at thier going out of business sale, so I was all set for PROJECTS!!! We made thirsty crystals that we put inside a clear wand to make a "Magic Wand", we also did three other experiments; We made a Test Tube Crystal Ball. This is one you don't need a kit for. You can get vegetable oil, color tablets or food coloring, water and a clear container to put it all in. You fill half container with oil and half with warm water then put in food coloring. Close up the container. If you turn the container over several times the colors swirl and look cool because the oil and water don't mix. Easy! We also made Magic Wizard Lava and Feverish Fizz where the potions bubbled up and out of the container. Very cool and fun. But you need more ingredients with these which kit provides. As you have guessed the kit was a "Magic Science" kit. Sawyer, my nephew had happend to bring his Harry Potter wand over to my house that day so it was perfect.

We also walked to the park near my house and played for a few hours there. The boys got into the volley ball pit sand and pretended it was the beach and took turns burying each other in sand. I took cute pics on my phone, but don't know how to put them onto the blog. Sorry. We had a quiet time each day and great discussions about their walk with God and each kid took a turn praying. Yay! Thank you God. We also made a secret art project for my husband's birthday and one for my nephews to give to their parents. Haven't given them yet, but will post pics of them when not a secret anymore. It turned out soooo cute. Anyway we had a great week.

Yesterday, Jason took off work and we got our taxes done then went to lunch and took the boys to the aquarium. They got to pet sting rays and baby sharks, starfish and prawns and see some cool jellyfish, big sharks, otters and more. Maizie got groomed and her annual check-up so she is feeling pretty and frisky herself. I decided to cut all my hair off this morning so am feeling (not so sure what....sad?...old and unnattractive?...ok?...if anything its nice to have a change). And my big therory about hair is that IT ALWAYS GROWS BACK, so if you don't like it, no big deal, it will grow and you can change it again. At least you had a change for a while. Right? Right!

Anyway, I will post some pics when the hubby helps me again. Have a great end to your Spring Break too.

No comments: