Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My kids have said some funny things and some words of wisdom lately. You guess which is which.

1. Max and Sam keep singing the song "Drop it like its hot!" and wiggling thier bottoms like in the Sun Drop soda commercial. They have it memorized. If only they could do that with thier homework. Hmmmm.

2. A commercial came on that talked about celebrating something. Max said to me seriously, "Its not worth celebrating if God's not there. Nothing is without God because He made everything.

3. Max loves his new pair of jeans he picked out. He says, "They have energy."

4. My father has been in the hospital for a week and we have been praying for him. I went into Sam's room after praying with Max and asked Sam if he had prayed for Papa with dad. He looked frustrated and dissapointed and hung his head dramatically saying, "Oh man! I prayed for world peace." I laughed and told him he could still pray for Papa and he quickly did that, relieved.

5. Sam tells me everytime he prays at night that its ok that his are short because it doesn't have to be long or fancy. His prayers are still powerful.

6. I prayed for my boys to become prayer warriors and they looked confused and said, "Mom, we already are prayer warriors." How right they are.

7. Max has wanted to get baptized so I took him to meet with the children's pastor. The pastor gave him an intense talk, kind of trying to talk him out of it and wait til he is older and understands the serious committment it is. He talked comparing it to marriage, a lifetime committment and said that if he decided to do it, he would no longer get to decide which movies to watch, video games to play, music to listen to or even which words to say. Jesus would decide that and Max would no longer have the freedom to choose for himself. He would have to choose to do what Jesus would want him to do. Baptism would be confessing to all his friends and the world that he puts God and Jesus first in his life. It was an intense conversation and intimidated me for him. Max listened and the pastor left us alone to talk and see if Max wanted to wait a while or go ahead and get baptized. Max said he wanted to do it and not wait. He was sure. Sam looked sheepish and said he wanted to wait til he was eight years old to get baptized (when earlier he was chomping at the bit to do it too). I agreed Sam should wait and went ahead and gave Max permission to get baptized. I just don't want it to be too early and not make an impression he can remember as life changing and permanant. But he can recommitt later in life if he feels the need. I need to honor his desire now and his willingness to committ to our Lord. I am so proud of him. My boy---Baptized---on Mother's Day---What a Mother's Day gift!

8. Easter day Sam got his chocolate candy out and kept telling me to watch him. Then he proceeded to tell me he was acting out Maizie killing the Easter bunny. (Because she did kill a rabbit in our back yard last week.) He then shoved the chocolate in his mouth like a wild animal eating another animal. Nice.....

9. I have to say that after that meeting with the pastor yesterday, both of my kids have been extra helpful and sweet, wanting to be good and honor Jesus. They are going out of their way and making comments about honoring him. So nice and sweet. Hope it lasts...at least for a little while.

Well my father is doing better, slowly on the mend. He will still be in the hospital at least until Monday. He has a serious blood infection, Klebsiolla bacteria which is antibiotic resistant and he has no immune system due to kidney transplant antirejection meds. he takes which complicates matters. Please pray for him.

No comments: