Friday, April 8, 2011

Pray and Praise

Lately God has been reminding me of the need to pray. I have been so out of the habit that it is embarrassing to admit. It is not my first instict. I used to pray, praise God and Jesus and read the bible with my boys back when I did hoo hoos. We did this every night. But sadly, this was a long time ago. I have been so negligent it makes me sad. I do scripture memorization with the boys on the way to school each day. They know eleven verses now. I am going slow so they don't forget them and get overwhelmed and want to stop. And right now they still like it. It is going on the third year of this. Anyway, I have been trying to pray with the boys each night as I put them down to bed and have started this after scripture time while driving to school in the morning.

This morning I had them each pick a person to pray for then I prayed for the boys. Max choose his cousin Sawyer to pray for--so he would know how special he is. Sam chose to pray for people with cancer (since we were turning in our box of change collected for the cancer drive at their school today). It was such a great morning that I wrote a note to tape up in my car and in my work vehicle I drive. As I put one in my work vehicle, it dropped to the ground under my seat so I felt around for it and pulled up a long lost something...something I had been praying for, for two months to find...my scripture memory cards on a ring! Yeah, an aswered prayer. It was perfect timing. I had even prayed about them after I got the kids dropped off at school and was on my way to change out cars at work. Yeah! God's answer to prayer and in His perfect timing. And all because of my notes to "Pray and Praise". God rewards those who seek him!

Anyway, I hope my reminders in the car help me to turn to prayer throughout the day. I am trying to pray for all my clients as I drive to see them. Just a quick prayer, but at least something. I am not eloquent, but that doesn't matter. I just need to be faithful, obedient and PRAY! Pray about ALL things. This will draw my heart and mind continually toward God's and His guidance and change my attitude. How many times do I get soo bent out of shape, frustrated with the daily irritations of the day that it affects my walk with God and Jesus? Often! Ugh. It is embarrassing and humbling to admit. But I realize how often it occurs with traffic, rude people, the rushing from place to place with no time for a lunch break sometimes or client situations that are uncomfortable or heartbreaking. It doesn't take much to get under my skin and prick my spirit, ruffling my feathers. My irritations seem so silly compared to the daily crises that many people around the world face. I can just see thier faces, and the Lord's face, disgusted and amazed at how I can be so easily offended. Really? And over what really?

Anyway, my solution to fight back against my sinful nature is to pray. Pray, pray, pray. If you want to join in the battle too, then pray with me. Hopefully we will see the Lord move in Big ways, changing our attitude, heart, mind, spirit and posssibly our situations. Pray on!

No comments: