Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Top 29!

A friend of mine did a blog post on the 29 things that she wanted to do most this next year since it was her birthday month. Well it isn't my birthday month, and I'm not 29 (neither is she) but I guess I could pretend. It was just 1 1/2 months ago. So here goes...

1. Continue to grow more in my walk with Christ.
2. Have more consistent quiet times.
3. Do better on scripture memorization.
4. Tithe more.
5. Spend as much time with my kids as possible.
6. Start back up scripture memorization with my kids, we stopped at 3 just to make it easier to get them down well last year and it is definitely time to move on if I could just remember to do it.
7. Excercise more.
8. Eat healthier.
9. Lose weight.
10. Worry less and trust God more.
11. Step out of my comfort zone and allow God to challenge me more.
12. Read more books, especially THE BOOK/THE WORD.
13. Write more.
14. Simplify my life by prioritizing better and living with focus.
15. Want less/Need less/Be happy with less---realizing my blessings.
16. Be more giving to others.
17. Finish my birthday gift project for this next year.
18. Get more sleep.
19. Spend more time with family/relatives
20. Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry (as the scripture says so wisely).
21. Purge my house of things we don't need to make more space. This is soooo Freeing!
22. Someday redo the carpet and tile in the house and freshen the paint.
23. Remember to praise and pray more throughout the day so that I can practice the presence of God.
24. Say "no" more and "yes" less to use my time more wisely.
25. Keep good boundaries.
26. Someday get a little bit bigger house. It doesn't have to be much bigger, just room enough for my parents to move in with me when and if they ever need or want to. I would love that.
27. Get a treadmill machine.
28. Someday get to be a stay-home mom, or at least work part-time and not full-time.
29. Go on another mission trip. I haven't been on one for a long time. It would really be cool to do one with my kids.

No comments: