Friday, October 8, 2010

My Little Spooks!

Yes, the Halloween season has begun. In just this last week we have taped 16 spooky pictures on the front window of the house. Each October my kids start drawing Halloween pictures to fill up the entire front window. Me and my siblings use to do this at our house when we were kids, so my kids are carrying on the tradition. We are 2/3 there now already. Sam especially is obsessed with it. He likes to draw his "Halloween pictures" as he calls them, year round. He is obsessed with scary monsters and "blood, dripping, splatting blood" as he calls it. He is just like his uncle Trent.

We just got back from Target and the book store. The kids got to buy something with the points/money they have saved up and earned for good behavior. Driving home, Max was in the back seat immersed in his Pokemon book, trying to read it in the dark. Sam was quietly sitting in the back seat content, hugging his Kid sized skeleton he bought. Oh my Sammy. I talked him out of scarrier things. Instead of a book or toy, he wanted more than anything to buy a Halloween decoration. So there it is, he has a huge skeleton hanging in his bedroom. I keep telling myself it will be educational and we can use it to talk about the bones in the body. Yeah, right. Oh well. So my kid is obsessed with scary things. I guess there could be worse things. He still has a heart for God and Jesus, it's jut that the gore makes me cringe at times.

Oh, they also picked out their Halloween costumes last Sunday. Max is going to be a shark with feet hanging out of its mouth. It is really funny looking. Sam is going to be a bat. He has talked about wanting to be a bat for months now. Happy Halloweening!

No comments: