Monday, October 25, 2010

Fantastic Fall Break

This Fall Break has been very busy, but we have gotten a lot accomplished. Whew! Thursday was the first day we had off and Max had two of his friends from school come over for the day to play. Our home was Boy Central. Crazy. Friday, Jason took the day off and we went to Oklahoma City to go to the Leggo Store and then to the zoo. Since it was raining too hard, we opted to not do the zoo and to go to the Natural History Museum in Norman instead. On the way home we went waaaay out of our way and went to Anadarko to Pop's convenience store. It is pretty cool. But it took forever for us to wind our way home on small back highways.

Saturday it was still raining so I cleaned the house until 1:00, then ran a few errands. Then we rented movies and watched them as we peeled the paper wrappers off of a carton of 64 crayons for an art project we did a few days later. Sunday we went to church, then went straight to the pumpkin patch. Not a good idea to do it in Sunday clothes and shoes when it is sooo muddy. Oh well, live and learn. We went to lunch after that, then to the grocery store for the boys to each pick out their own pumkin (Much cheaper there than at the Pumpkin Patch!). Then Jason helped the boys build thier new Leggo toys they bought at the Leggo store in OKC with their point money they earn each week. That night we had bible study at church.

Woke up this morning and started in on the craft project we peeled crayons for. We melted the crayons and some extra wax I bought then put wicks in some empty votives and poured the colored wax into them. We separated out the colors and did them one at a time to make striped candles I had scented (added candle scent you can buy) with Cinnamon. They turned out sooo cute. I made them for my friends as one of their birthday gifts and for the boys teachers for Christmas.

I always make homemade gifts for my close prayer partner friends I have had for fifteen years now. They look forward to see what it will be each year. I do it all around Christmas break to have the time since during work and school I am too busy. It is my one big craft project for myself (not the kids) that I do each year. Last year I painted plates and made home made fancy beaded sachets and the year before that I knit scarves for everyone. I have painted stone tiles with different birds for a set of coasters tied with a bow, made beaded small bags to use for coins or to store jewelry,etc.

Anyway, after making the candles today, the boys made posters for an art contest at their school and then we made Christmas ornaments out of the beads you iron together. Whew. Did I mention we have Karate tonight and then school tomorrow---and my work. Anyway, we have to make the time off count to get our projects done and have some FUN! I hope your Fall break was great too! By the way, Brook and her family went to Disney World in Florida this break!!! Talk about a fantastic Fall break!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Glad you all had fun! And those crayon things sound fun. I just might have to make those for the teachers this year.