Saturday, June 5, 2010

Too Hot

The last two days we have braved the brutal heat. Yes, summer has truly come to Tulsa. Friday the kids and I spent the day at the pool and got a great sunburn. Today we went to the zoo and sweated it out with the animals, panting and trying to find any spot of shade to rest in along the way. The animals looked as lethargic and drained from the heat as we did, laying around panting and baking in the sun. Not the best idea for the day. Even the kids complained and wanted to go home. No dragging them out of the zoo fussing as they usually do, wanting to stay longer. I guess you can't force fun. Sometimes it's just too hot! I am happy to be home in the air conditioning again.
On the way to the zoo, Sam cracked me up. He kept talking about how soft his hair felt today. He thought it must be because it (his hair) was very dry today. It sounded like a shampoo commercial that kept repeating itself in the backseat. Max has been doing something very nice, surprisingly sweet lately. Yes the kids are still in a love-hate tango, hence Sam giving Max a bloody nose the other weekend---Ugh! They are best buds and mortal enemies depending on the moment. It can change in a second, back and forth making my head spin. Anyway, Max's sweet expressions have been keeping me from going berserk. He randomly comes up to me with a very serious expression and quietly says, "Thank you mom," then gives me a big dramatic hug. I ask for what? And then he says something that I have done recently like...for letting me play on the computer, or for making me lunch,etc. I am stunned and softened instantly. Yes, it doesn't take much to melt me with these two. Thank God he made them so cute! Or else thay wouldn't have survived this long. Just joking. Anyway, it certainly helps to balance the diffcult times. My little "hot heads" need to learn to cool down, but I wouldn't trade them for anything.

No comments: