Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thank God for Family


Thanksgiving was great this year. I loved spending time with my family. There is nothing better. It is such a great reminder of how good God is. Whenever I doubt God's goodness and his love for me, I look at my joy boys and my family and friends and realize just how blessed I am. It puts everything back into perspective. What a good God we have indeed.
This year we have an extra member of the family to enjoy. Max saved up his points/money he earns each week. He saved them all summer long because he wanted to get a guinea pig. I thought he would forget, give up and get tired of the idea before he earned enough points to pay for it. But nooooo. He was so determined and patient. He even saved up points for the cage and things inside (but a nice friend donated her old cage to us and it saved us money). Anyway, eventually we had to follow through and get the critter.
We got the guinea pig at the end of September. Max picked her out and we let him pick the name. He wanted help, so we offered suggestions, but had him decide. I went online and googled "guinea pig baby names" and was surprised to find a massive list of names people have used for their guinea pigs. Yes, the internet has EVERYTHING!!! Max made a list of names he liked and narrowed it down until he chose "Coco". He thought it described her coloring well.
Our dog is named Moses and is affectionately called "Mosey Mo" often. So now Coco's nickname is "Cocomo". So now we have Mosey Mo and Cocomo and the crazy pretend "turkey dog" (it says bargle bargle) the kids have as a pet. You have to love the creativity.
Well lets thank God for our family and friends and for the creativity He has in all the wonderful people God made and put into our lives. What would we do without them? What would we do without God? I think I would turn into a turkey dog without Him! Happy Turkey Dog Day!! Bargle Bargle.

No comments: