Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hiya!!!

Sometimes I am hit afresh with how powerful the word of God is. I was at Max's Karate class today and saw his teacher using his nerf sword to get kids to watch and move fast. They had so much fun jumping and ducking to dodge the foam sword. It made me think of God's word and this verse. I kept thinking of it on the way home with little "Hiyas!" peppered in periodically and I liked it.

(Hebrews 4:12)
"The word of God is living and active,(Hiha!)sharper than any two-edged sword, (Hiya!)Piercing to the division of soul and spirit, of joints and marrow, (Hiya!)and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart (Hiya!)."

Awesome huh?! Here are some more...

(Isaiah 55:11)
"So shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; (Hiya!)it shall not return to me empty, (Hiya!) but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, (Hiya!)and prosper in the thing for which I sent it (Hiya!)."

(Psalms 33:4-9)
"For the word of the Lord is upright; and his work is done in faithfulness, (Hiya!) He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the Lord (Hiya!). By the work of the Lord the heavens were made, and all thier host by the breath of his mouth, (Hiya!) He gathered the waters of the sea as in a bottle; he put the deeps in storehouses (Hiya!). Let all the earth fear the Lord, let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him (Hiya!)! For he spoke and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood forth (Hiya!)."

How great is our God! How powerful his words! Rejoice in them, treasure them, feast on them. They are our comfort and defense, our joy and our prick of truth. We need this sword! Pick yours up today and use it...Hiya!

No comments: