Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!! Last time I blogged, the boys were going over to Mimi's house to spend the night since the last 2 times we tried they had been sick. Well, Jason felt better and had passed his kidney stone that day at work so we went out to dinner and walked around Utica Park Mall that night for a little date night...very nice and long needed. Yay. However, the next morning Mimi called and asked if I had gotten some good sleep and felt rested up. I said yes. Then she said she was glad because she had some bad news. Sam had gotten sick at 4:30 the day before at her house and threw up and had a fever. He had been sick and hadn't kept liquids or ice chips down all night. Max had thrown up 1x in his sleeping bag (which she so sweetly had all freshly washed for me when she brought them home...what an angel!) but had not any other times and didn't have a fever.

Mimi said she could keep them longer if I had errands to run, but if I wanted to get them into the doctor she would drive them back then. I couldn't believe she hadn't called me as soon as they had gotten sick the day before! I don't want anyone else to be exposed and get sick, let alone the work of being up all night with them. Sweet Mimi, always worried about giving others a rest.

Anyway I said I would run over and pick them up, but she said she would drive them over. Sam didn't have a fever anymore and the doctor felt he was on the tail end of another bug. His fourth for the month (He was sick just before Thanksgiving also...Ugh. Really, I do clean and sanitize frequently! I am getting paranoid.) Probably the one Jason had along with his kidney stone. Sam had a fever again the next day and didn't eat or drink hardly anything, but that's typical for him. He didn't throw up at all since back from Mimi's. Now he is better. Whew! The poor sleep over at Mimi's was sooo jinxed and she worked so hard to make it fun.

Oh well. We have been home bodies lately since on break from school. A new game we are playing, besides go fish, I spy card game, Hedbandz, Sorry and War and hide and seek, is Rubikube. It is soooo fun. Max is great at it. We are trying to talk Sam into trying it and will help him if he does. We have done puzzles and are going to do some sand art as a project also. The crystals we grew turned out cool. We have more growing still. Yay! Hope your new year is happy and fun tooo.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You poor thing! Sickness is awful, but your mom is an angel to keep them and still give you a little break.