Thursday, January 20, 2011

God is Good

Well, well, well, the new year has started out with quite a push. I'm not sure if its in the right direction, but at least its going. Better than the alternative I guess. Yes, Sam left school yesterday sick again---the 6th time since Thanksgiving. I thought we were through and healthy for the new year. Last Friday late afternoon, Jason noticed some problems with our sewer line. It just finally got fixed last night at 5:30 pm. Just in time for the sleet and snow we have had since 10:00 last night. Thank you God! We had to replace the entire line which was another $5,000 out of our savings. Whew. And I thought spending $700 over Christmas break was bad for another plumbing problem and work on the van. There goes the savings. But I won't complain. God is good. We have water!!! (Thank you Mimi and Papa for taking us in and taking such good care of us as always.)

I have actually had a peace and not been stressed out as I normally would about the situation. Two years ago we didn't have the savings to pay for all of this. God has provided. Two years ago if I had, had the money in savings, I would be frustrated that I scrimped so hard to get some savings and as soon as I do it's gone again. Heck, two months ago I felt that way. But I don't feel that way right now. I am at peace. Two years makes a big difference and I am grateful. This is a blessing to see God's work in my life and the changes he brings to my spirit. Keep on working Lord! I still need more work. I cling to the verse Phillipians 1:6 "For he who began a good work in will you carry it out to completion until the day of Christ Jesus".

I think of all the many people in the world who don't even have running water, who don't have enough food to eat, kids who don't have any parents alive to care for them. I am truly blessed and pampered by God. I don't have a perspective at all, even when I try. If I did, my complaining spirit wouldn't ever return. But alas, it does. I just hope the good days of clarity become more frequent and last longer. It is in our/especially "my" sinful, selfish nature to forget so easily how good God is. And His goodness doesn't depend on circumstances. His nature can't be changed. ("Hebrews 13:8) "He is the same yesterday, today and forever", thank goodness (God-ness). It's scary to think if he wasn't. What would the world be like if God had bad days? Whether "think" we understand His ways (we can't because his ways are above ours) or not, it doesn't change the truth that He is good. He is God. Thank you God. Thank you Jesus. Ok does it sound like I'm ranting and waving my hands in the air? Oops, my charismatic side is turning on. I just get so grateful for the truth.

Anyway, this year has started out with a bang, but God is using it for good and not evil (e.g Genesis 50:20 what Satan means for harm, God means for good in order to bring about his present purpose). His plans are to prosper us and not to harm us, to give us hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11). Sorry to be a little preachy and praising, but I can't help it today. I want to keep this moment of right attitude towards God, His vision and perspective. Sooo, I hope all is well with your spirits today and you are greatly blessed with an ever greater measure of His presence today!

No comments: