Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Vacation

I am a little late in blogging. Things have been busy with school starting. Sam started Kindergarten and Max started second grade. Right before school started we took a mini vacation to Kansas City Missouri. It was great. We drove down one morning, ate lunch when we got there at noon, then went to the Museum. It was awesome. The museum had Picasso's, Monet's, Renoir's,etc. We spent three hours there. To get the kids more interested we had them show us their favorite pictures, sculptures, etc. and took pictures of them. Sam really got into it and wanted to take a picture of just about everything! It was fun seeing what they liked and what they thought of it all.

After the museum we went to our hotel which Jason chose wisely, as it had a Coco Keys water park on the lower level floor which we had access to for free since we were staying there. After two hours of playing there, we headed upstairs and cleaned up and went to dinner. Early the next morning we ate breakfast and headed to Worlds of Fun, getting there before it even opened. We spent seven hours riding rides and then jumped in the van and headed straight home from there, snacking in our car the whole way home to Tulsa. It was a whirlwind of a trip, but very fun. I highly recommend it.

I do have to say a funny story. When Sam was riding rides at Worlds of Fun, he kept laughing and yelling to me. On one ride I was off and he rode it alone as I watched. I couldn't figure out what he was yelling and Jason looked at me and said, "Yeah, that's what he is saying." I laughed, because it was, "Mom, it's tickling my penis!". Yes, Sam yelled it at many of the rides. I asked Jason why he always said it, and he laughed and said, because he's a boy and it's true. Apparently I didn't realize this, but a boy feels most things first and strongest through his private part. Hugh. That explains a lot. So you see, the World's of Fun day was even more enlightening than the museum day.

Anyway, I wanted to post the pictures on a slide show that the kids and we took at the museum and at Worlds of Fun, but I am not computer savvy enough and my husband is very slow to follow through on his promises to me. So...sorry. Maybe someday.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh, that is too funny! I am so not looking forward to boy things like that.