Saturday, September 18, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Tonight my hubby and I went out to dinner (with kids in tow) for our ten year anniversary. The actual date was Thursday, the 16th. The kids were not too impressed that it was our anniversary since it did not have anything to do with them directly---they only want to know about their birthdays and their first birthday delivered in the hospital, etc. They don't realize yet that our marriage has a direct link to their existence. Oooh to be so young. Anyway, I am very blessed to have had ten years of marriage to a wonderful Christian man that I still love dearly. I still wonder how a old hag/cougar like me caught a cute, sweet, young thing like Jason. Yes I am three and a half years older than him. Ugh.

I will not lie and say the years have all been wonderful. Much of the time has been difficult and I wasn't sure we would make it through. But day by day, one day at a time, we have made it through and are blessed all the more for it. I would not want to go through our struggles with anyone else but him. I probably would not have survived it if it had been with anyone else. But with God, all things are possible and He can make beauty from ashes. The funny thing is, the day Jason proposed to me, I kind of freaked out later and went to the bathroom and got on the floor and prayed secretly. I asked God for His will and not mine. God answered with one of the clearest voices I have ever heard from him. He said that it would not be easy, but that this was His will, His choice for me. Now I loved Jason. I was smitten and was ready to marry him even before he proposed, but this premonition, and later confirmation from God, was a little unnerving. Still I decided to follow God's will and happily marry his choice for me. What else could I do...I was in LOVE! Besides, I had told God many years before that I would rather be alone than marry out of His will. I wanted nothing but His will, His choice for my life no matter what the cost.

The years were blessed with laughter and tears, sorrows and joys, and some times of heavy trials. Would I do it over now that I know these things? Yes. In a heartbeat. Times ahead may have more trials to come. In fact they most certainly will. Life is not easy for anyone. But I am blessed to have Jason to walk through each day with me and help me through them. Besides...How cute are my boys!!! They alone are worth anything. Yes, I am a woman truly blessed. Thank you Lord. You are Good!

No comments: