Saturday, January 24, 2009

I have to admit that some days I am tired and frustrated with people. It seems like life would be easier if I could just live life alone, where no temptation was present. For better or worse other people do affect us and life can be draining. But there is no such thing as a holy hermit, so I must resist the temptation to be selfish and lazy holed up by myself. I have to get out in the world to do the work God has planned for me before I was even born. All of us must get out in the messy mud and muck of life if we are to serve God and grow to climb on His High Places. People are messy, life is messy, that is just how God made it. Messy is ok. As long as I am walking with my Lord, he will cleanse me as needed.

Habakuk 3:19 "God, the Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like hinds' feet, he makes me tread upon my high places."

Romans 12:5 "so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another."

Besides not being able to do God's work if we are hermitted away, it is utter conceit to think that we can walk alone. None of us are perfect. If we were, we wouldn't need Jesus. His sacrifice would be for nothing. No, we need each other. When one falls the other will lift him up. Not "if" but "when". God knows us well and stated that knowledge in his word. Expect trials and failures. We are human in an imperfect world full of sinners. But there is value in the body of Christ. Our Lord blessed us with this gift to help us because he knew we needed it. Don't reject that gift. If you do, you reject God's help for yourself through others he sends to you. You also withold help to others that God may want you to help. It affects everyone.

2 Corinthians 1:4 "God helps us so that we can help others with the same help that we ourselves have received from God."

Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another."

We can't stand, walk or grow in the Lord without helping each other. God uses others as divine help or divine friction to help us grow more in His image. Give up the conceit of independence and pride. They only keep you from hearing God's truth and leading. Humble yourself and accept His gift. Thank God for the blessing of the body.

No comments: