Thursday, January 8, 2009

This week has been a little trying. Though God has been speaking to my heart about trusting Him for His best and for His provision, circumstances have been testing me. Getting the kids back into the school routine after the 2 week break was fun, especially after finding a baby kitten on our doorstep that we felt obligated to swoop in and save (despite my horrible allergies), searching frantically to find it a home as fast as we could before my head exploded from allergies or the kids were too attatched. Just to add to our drama, I brilliantly decided on a last minute whim to start painting Max's room a color he had picked out a few months ago. Of course this was before the kitten was found. As usual, the painting task was much bigger than I had anticipated and his room is a mess with half painted walls and his toys and furniture pushed together in a mass in his room and other parts disseminated throughout the house. It is a mess. The saga continued as the dryer decided it had, had its last day so I had tons of laundry piling up and no underclothes left to wear to work. Then Monday, during my driving around to therapy appointments around the county, my tire went flat--to the ground--. I had to air it up just to get to a tire store. I sat and cancelled a few client appointments and then was told that I needed to get 3 new tires actually, an alignment job and new front brakes. Yes this happens to be the same old car that I just had a new transmission put in last summer. UGH! For the cherry on top, both of our car insurance bills showed up in the mail this week to pay.

Needless to say, the enemy was firing a lot of arrows and my faith was faltering. Where is the provision Lord! Well, I found the provision in His word and in prayer. Yes He does humble me often. These are the sweet verses God gave me this week that helped:

(Habakkuk 2:3) "The vision is for the appointed time. Though it tarry, wait earnestly for it, for it will surely come."

(Hebrews 11:6) "No one can please God without faith, for whoever comes to God must have faith that God exists and that He rewards those who seek Him."

Yes I pulled more money out of savings and we got a new dryer and I got my car fixed. The cat was taken to an adoption site, this weekend we will finish painting Max's bedroom and I can finally really clean the house again. These too shall pass, but the faithfulness of our Lord never passes, His mercies are new every morning. I just hope that the enemy's attacks mean that something really big from God is coming our way. Nothing can thwart the plans of our God. Stand strong. Keep believing His truth and promises in His word.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I certainly hope that God provides something big to me soon. With the way my last 2 years have been I am ready for something great. Right now I am memorizing this verse: He is your constant stability; He abundantly provides safety and great wisdom; He gives all this to those who fear Him. Isaiah 33:6