Saturday, December 13, 2008

I hope you all will bear with me. I am not sure what to write about. I am new at this blog thing. I am used to writing books that only I see. Well, at least until "Hoo Hoos" was published. I have written about 30 children's books and have tried a few adult Christian mini-novels. But "Hoo Hoos" is the first and currently only book to be published yet. My desire is to give people a glimpse of God and Jesus and help them through their times of doubt. I know that I have gone through periods of dryness and doubt regarding God's goodness. I already told you that, that is where the book "Hoo Hoos" came from.

Anyway, besides that, I have written a few books to help stimulate developmental skills in children. I work full time as a Speech-Language Pathologist with the birth to three year old population in the Sooner Start program. It is the state of Oklahoma's early intervention program. It provides free testing for all kids ages birth up to age three. If the child tested presents a certain amount of delay, he or she qualifies for free therapy. It is provided in the client's home or at the child's daycare. It is more of a parent/caregiver education service. We try to provide activities for the caregivers to do in the home throughout the week and in between visits to help the child gain skills in whatever area they need help. It is a great program. I feel so strongly about it that I have worked there for 16 years!

I know, blah, blah, blah. I could ramble on about work stuff forever and bore you to death. Sorry. Well, the point of all of this is that I would love for my books to get out to others to help them. If God wants to use any of my books in any way, then I have to trust Him to create a way. It is hard to be patient. Who knows, He may have other plans. Who am I to guess? I will just step forward and keep working and walking leaving the results and final destination to Him.
Thaks for reading. His, Dindy

No comments: