Monday, December 29, 2008

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I read a great book that got me in the right mind and mood for Christmas. It is "A Bethlehem Christmas" by Charles Swindoll. I highly recommend it. It is a retelling of the Christmas story in a first person form from three different viewpoints: Mary, then Joseph and last the angel Gabriel. It gives details from that time that are meaningful and make the story come to life.

I read the Christmas story to my kids and nephews Christmas Eve before everyone opened gifts. They were so excited about presents that they kept interrupting the story to ask if it was time to open gifts yet. The sad burden on my mind was, what if we were all as excited about Jesus as we are about Santa and his gifts? What a difference it would make. Well, again, that is what Hoo Hoos is all about. I think the kids needed a little injection of Hoo Hoos that night. Anyway, I hope everyone is well and blessed and excited about all that God is going to do in this next year. His faithfulness is new every morning. We truly have a great God!

No comments: