Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012 His Year, A Year Of Praise!

Despite Jason having two surgeries this last year, 2011 was a great year for us. Jason healed quickly, you provided abundantly for us Lord, and Max was baptized! We feel so blessed, especially when we think back to more difficult years we have survived. God is good. Thank God for that! Literally, "Thank Him!" That is a big part of what this post is about today. Praise. This last week was a little, well, a lot crazy. Busy, and hectic with school starting back. I showed up Tuesday at school to drop kids off and start back my first day at work also, and the parking lot was deserted. Oops. (Do you hear the crickets chirping?). I felt just a little stupid. It turns out that Wednesday was their first day back. Jason met me at my office and took the kids and worked from home since I had 6 clients scheduled in an 8 hour day with travel in between each. Hard to do, but whew, I did it. That was just the beginning of the week. Dad is sick again, Maizie (our dog) keeps stealing food off of the table, and Jason's brother's friend, Jim committed suicide this week. Please pray for the family. It is tragic and devastating. Sooo, more than just a bad week.

Anyway, it was a reminder to me of a time when Jason was close to that point and so was I. Suicide can be extremely seductive. I never realized that until I hit that point and found myself wrapped up in the warm blanket of the daydream, seeing it down to the details. New I had to get help then and did. Not proud of the fact, but it is what it is and a lot of people don't like to admit it until it is too late. I know that Jesus, my family and several friends (willing vessels of Christ-his hands and feet) carried me and Jason. Thank you Jesus! Anyway, enough rambling, but I am so grateful, especially when I see where He has carried us to now.

Knock on wood, but I know 2012 may not be as blessed as 2011, but God is definitely with us. I am so grateful to be aware of it. I am declaring 2012 as "Your Year" Jesus---A year where you increase in me, Jason and my family. Let us hear you guiding us, clearly, more clearly than ever. May our love for you grow bigger than anything else in our lives, even ourselves. This is Your Year Lord. We are yours. (John 3:30 and Joshua 24:15).

Back to praise now. "God sits enthroned on the praises of his people". (Psalms 22:3) "Praise the Lord! Oh my soul! I will praise the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being." (Psalms 146:1-2). "Give thanks in all circumstances for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus." (I. Thessalonians 5:18). We are called to praise, created for it, and blessed by it. Not only does it please God, but it blesses US. It draws God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit close to us. It is a witness to others, a testimony. We are called to praise in times of goodness and thankfulness, as well as times of trials. Even if through gritted teeth. Many times I have praised God half-heartedly and with a bitter and angry spirit just out of obedience and for my children's sake. But speaking words of truth helps changes our heart and perspective and brings us back to God and the reality of His sovereign goodness. "Hoo-Hoo's" did that for me. It blessed me even more than my kids. When we pray and praise it Changes us and Protects us. Satan and his demons can't stand it and flee. When we are praising God, they can't influence us. We are refreshed again in the blood of Christ and the sweet fragrance of praise goes up to heaven to the Trinity. Demon's can't touch us without touching the blood of Christ or smelling the aroma. It burns their ears and nose and touch, their spirit. It also makes us too slippery to get a grasp on. Sooo---Praise On! He is worthy of it. Join me in making 2012 His Year and a Year of Praise in any and all circumstances we encounter this year. Again, Praise On!!!

No comments: