Saturday, May 15, 2010

It Is Finished!!!

Yeaaa! I just finished the novel I have been working on for the past year and a half to two years. I am sooo excited. I needed to tell someone, but it is so late so I had to post it and tell you! It is a novel about a ten year old boy in Rwanda Africa who loses his family in the genocide attacks by the Hutus against the Tutsi's. Eventually he ends up as a slave at a cocoa plantation and through some magic pages that are given to his uncle before the attacks, he comes to know Christ later in the novel. Anyway. That is a short summary. It feels so good to complete a project. I am already toying with ideas about my next project. I don't know if this novel is good enough to ever get published, or even if it is, if any publishing complany will even look at it with all the competition out there. It takes a lot to get them to invest in a new, unknown author. But at least it is done. I have done my part and leave the rest to God to use it as he will. Whew! Did I say I just finished it? Yeah, I am sooo happy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

am so glad that you have finished your novel. Hope
that it does get published.Love looking at pics of the boys. Keep well and watch out for those tornados.

Jennifer said...

Even if it doesn't get published, can I read it??? Please, please, please!!!

Judy said...

I am the comment from anonymous. I forget how to leave a comment

PaperDoll Designs said...

Dindy, I am so proud of you! It was great to get to see you the other day. You are so amazing!! Writing novels AND doing science experiments??? What a cool mom....