Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I Laughed So Hard I Cried

Laughing and crying never seemed like close emotions. They always seemed so different and at polar extremes. But lately they seem to be so close and flow from one to the other so easily...way too easily. I have been laughing a lot from my boys. I am also crying still, often because of losing my dog Moses. Yes, I know it seems silly. I am shocked at myself. I knew how much I loved him, but this is ridiculous. I feel so lost without him. Anyway, I am glad for the laughs, but it does make me feel a little schitzophrenic at times.
One of the most recent laughs came from Sam today. I took him for a screening since we are applying to try to get into Zarrow school for him since Max goes there. It is the International Immersion school where Spanish is their fist language there and all subjects are taught in Spanish. Anyway, I am biting my nails hoping Sam gets in too. It is a luck of the draw with many people trying for the few spots available. I really love the program and would love Sam to benefit from it like Max is. Besides, I am tired of driving to two different "schools" the last two years (Zarrow and John Knox Daycare).
Well the psychomatrist was behind in screening the kids so several parents and kids were waiting for thier turn in the hallway. Sam was sitting in my lap. I was praying he would do well and make a good impression. I noticed that his pants were unzipped so fixed them. Sam said that they always do that. Why do they always do that? I said I didn't know. He said, "I think it is because my penis is getting so big mom!" I was surprised and muttered, "What?", so of course he repeated it back even louder. I was mortified. Of course the other mothers next to me had sweet little girls who don't have penises and even if they did, wouldn't talk about them in public. The other moms all stared and snickered. I do think they enjoyed the laugh too. Ooooh my boys. They do keep things exciting.
We have been looking for another dog so I am praying for God's guidance in that. I hope it helps with my goofy grief spells. I need to snap out of it.

No comments: