Sunday, June 28, 2009

Where's Waldo?/Where's Jesus?

At my Sunday school class today, the teacher challenged us all to something I hadn't ever thought about. He said that every chapter in the bible has Jesus' fingerprints on it. The challenge was for us to read the bible, each of its chapters looking for Jesus. It made me think of a "Where's Waldo?" game.

Well, I have been needing to come up with a new plan for spending scripture reading time so I guess I will call it the "Where's Jesus?" mission. I think it will be really cool. I have never thought about doing this before. Nor have I realized or thought about the fact that Jesus and God's saving plan is a constant theme found throughout the entire bible, from beginning to end.

So go from Genesis to Revelation and take up the challenge to find Jesus. He is there. I know in doing so I will find an even bigger blessing from the gift of God's word. If you decide to join me in the mission, let me know how it is going! I would love the feedback.

No comments: