Sunday, March 8, 2009

I know what I know

I know what I know what I know. What do I know? Oh, I don't know. All I really know is that God knows and that is all that really matters. I worry so much about knowing things, being in control of things, fixing things. But really I can't do anything. All I can do for sure is trust God to know, to be in control, to fix things. He is my provision, my portion in the land of the living. In Him I find all things.

Colossians 1:16-17
"For in him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or authorities---all things were created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together."

Wow! Need to know anything else? I think not. All I need to know is HIM!!!! A friend of mine challenged me to trust God more this week. My first response was anger and fear. Not at my friend, but at God. What about past trials? Sure he got me through them, but at what cost? It was awful. I don't want to be led into that again. But if I don't trust Him, who do I trust? I certainly can't trust myself. I can't blame God for other people's sin. He doesn't cause sin, we do. He just forgives us, others, and carries us through the dark paths when we can't see or walk ourselves. My friend was right. I need to step out in faith.

I can hinder God's work and delay his blessings when I don't trust Him in obedience. Am I trusting in God's blessings or in Him? Will I trust Him before he provides or do I need proof like Thomas?

John 20:29
"Because you have seen me you have believed. But blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe."

I challenge you just as my friend challenged me---Step out in faith and trust God in a new way. You may not have seen his plan or provision, but you do KNOW...You know that He knows and He is able. He is able to do exceedingly, abundantly more than we could ever imagine. Trust and see.

I. Corinthians 2:20
"What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man conceived, what God has for those who love him."

Remember, you may not know, but you do know that He knows. Thank God for that!

No comments: