Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Little Blessings

HAPPY SPRING BREAK! I hope everyone is having a great time and enjoying the extra time with family, especially the kids. I know I am. What a blessing! Sam's latest phase is to tell me that he "changed up his mind" (changed his mind). He also likes to frequently tell me that "I'ts ok mom, it's nothing you need to worry about." He also likes to pretend to be a circus cat named FaahAaahAaah or a dog that lives in my purse (a blanket he wraps himself up in) named Freejah. Yes life is definitely entertaining.

Max, on the other hand, is having epiphanies that he explains to me. The current one occured when I was driving. An elderly person was in front of us and not driving well, as if they didn't know where they were going. Max was frustrated and wanted to know why. He hates any traffic to slow us down and complains about it. I told him that when people get older they have a harder time remembering things and sometimes forget. His face lit up with a deep understanding as it all clicked for him. Then he said "Oh, that's why daddy is so much smarter than you, because you are older than him." Yes I am 3 1/2 years older than my husband, but I didn't think that I was so, so, so "not smart". I was livid. I quickly explained that daddy was not smarter than me, that we were both smart, just in different ways. Max acted like he felt bad and told me it was ok. But that dad was always the one who had to fix things because I didn't know how. To my consternation he was right. Ugh!!! Yes my ego was shot that day. Anyway, my husband got a kick out of it. I had to admit later that it really was funny.

Sam has been asking frequently about why we can't see God and Jesus. I told him that we can't see the wind or air, but that we can see its affects when it moves things. This is how God and Jesus work. When he still kept asking, I also reminded him that our eyes don't work well, but when we die and go to heaven we get new bodies that are perfect (like superheros, which they like) and that then we will be able to see him with our new eyes. That seems to pacify him, not that he doesn't need reminders. Anyway, if you run into the same question, maybe that explanation will help.

Kids are certainly a blessing from God. They keep things interesting and they keep us hopping. Enjoy this week with your little blessings!

No comments: