Saturday, November 13, 2010

Latest Pics



I am a little behind in posting Halloween pictures of the boys. They had fun. Max was a shark with a man's legs sticking out of its mouth, Sam was a bat, Carson was a Ninja and Sawyer was Harry Potter. My family went to Hallowzooeen for the first time this year. It was insane. It took us an hour and a half to get to and into the zoo. Traffic was backed up so bad we just sat trapped in our cars. Max was sooo sad and scared that we would not make it there before it was over. He was afraid that we would just give up and go home, (which is what Jason and I wanted to do). But we didn't because I had taken the kids to the mall by our house to trick or treat earlier that day since it was advertised to have a Halloween party there. It was a lie! It was a gimmick just to get people there. All it had was some teenage cheerleaders in the food court singing YMCA badly and a few games for older kids that you had to pay for them to be able to do them. They didn't even spend the money to have candy at the food restaurants. Dozens of angry parents and sad kids were there, confused.
Sooooo I had consoled my kids with the fact that we would go to Hallowzooeen later that day (Saturday). Little did I know how crazy that would be. But, we survived. Once we got into the zoo it was fun. But it was very dark and I kept trying not to trip. The exhibits set up by local businesses were neat such as haunted pirate ships you could walk onto. There was a big Pirate theme this year. They also had the ghost busters singing and all in gear next to the giant Marshmallow Monster Man, the Wizard of Oz and a few other ones. I just don't do well in crowds, I especially get annoyed with rude people that shove in front of you and your kids. Ugh! Anyway it was a test of my patience--which I failed at, by the way. I was exhausted and glad to be home when it was over.
We did that Saturday night and on Sunday our church had kids dress up in their costumes for church/Sunday School and encouraged kids to bring friends. That night we went to Brook's neighborhood and went trick or treating like we do each year. It is a great neighborhood where she knows all of her neighbors well and it is a simple circle we make that takes 1 1/2 hours. Whew. It was a fun and tiring weekend. I needed another two days to recuperate, but alas work awaited me and school for the kids.

On this last Thursday, Veterans Day, Brook and I had the day off work, but the kids had school so we and mom went shopping and made a major dent in our Christmas shopping. Yay! What a great feeling. The whole day we all kept salivating thinking of my Aunt Judy's Chex Mix that she makes---better than Anybody!!! It is hard to believe that Thanksgiving is a few weeks away and then it is Christmas time. Where did the year go? Anyway, that's the latest update.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh, that ChexMix is the best! We got ours this weekend from Grandma (Aunt Judy) and EmmyKate has already eaten half of her bag (yes, she was given her own bag this year, spoiled little thing!)