Thursday, July 29, 2010

Good-bye Friend

Last night I went to the hospital to visit a friend who has cancer. I came back up this morning to help do a shift so that her husband could work getting their house ready for hospice. Connie is the friend I wrote about in an earlier blog. She is an inspiration. As friends visited her this week in the hospital she still prayed for her healing, but knew that whatever way God did choose to heal her (here or in heaven), it was ok. He was with her. She has a peace that passes all understanding that she always attributed to God's provision, it was not of herself. Well when I arrived at the hospital this morning she had just passed away. Her friend Rhonda has spent the last several nights at the hospital to help out. It had been a rough night. She has been in severe pain that is hard to manage even with medicine. At 8:00 she told Rhonda to keep on rubbing her neck (to help with the pain) and then she stopped breathing and passed peacefully to be with God and Jesus.
Those of us who were there this morning got to say good-bye to her one last time and we prayed and sang "It Is Well With My Soul" huddled around her body. We swapped funny stories and talked about the amazing faith, joy and love Connie had. She was one of the most amazing persons any of us have ever known in our life. She lived life every second it was given to her and glorified God at every possible moment. What a blessing it is to know her. So many lives have been touched by her witness. I can't thank God enough for putting her in my life and I can't wait to see her again in heaven some day. She will be singing and dancing (which she looooves to do) and grinning at me asking, "Girl, what took you so long?". Thank you Connie for so much. This is not the end, just a glorious beginning. God has not stopped using you to bless others. Thanks my friend and good-bye for now----until eterninty when we reunite.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I will be praying for you during this time and yes, whatever our lot, it is well with our soul with the help of Jesus.