Sunday, November 8, 2009

My Little Pumpkins!



My Little Pumpkins!!! I love the way they attacked the pumpkins at the pumpkin patch. I wish I engaged life this way. What an attitude. These two little pumpkins are my joy boys. Let me show you just one of the many reasons why. My oldest, Max has been telling me for two or three weeks now that he can't wait for school! He wants me to hurry so he can get there. He says this year is even better than last year. He loves first grade! He told me that he likes to work hard and that the more work he is given at school, the more fun it is. Yeah!!! Just keep hold of that attitude cutie. We talk about how if we never learned anything new or never worked hard at something then life would be boring. That is what makes life interesting, exciting, fun and worthwhile.
This is the way God and Jesus want us to engage life. I admit I often fail miserably at this. I tend to worry and look for all the things that could go wrong, as if this could prepare me or change anything. Anyway, I learn daily from my little guys how to carpe diem and make the most of each day, each moment. They help me see the little blessings all around us all the time. We do have such a good God. My boys tell me that often. Oh, how I love to hear those words coming out of those sweet little mouths. They can speak God's truth much more eloquently and clearly than I ever can.
Look for God's blessings today and thank him for all he has done and continues to do for us. His mercies and grace are never ceasing.

No comments: