Monday, April 16, 2012

Listening for His Voice

Trusting and obeying God is a moment by moment choice. It is a choice of attitudes. We can grumble and complain and rebel like the Israelites in the desert or we can choose to be grateful and trusting and shine for the Lord---useful vessels ready for His hands to use to bless others and further His kingdom.

In order to trust and obey I need to abide in Him and seek his presence and guidance all day, everyday. But do I do it? I tend to let the busy chaos of each day sweep me away as I set out to accomplish My own agenda and list of pressing things. I feel irresponsible not doing that. I am pulled in two directions. But do I even hear His voice and leading. And even if I did, would I obey or push it away as a silly idea, not really from You, Lord. Ugh! I feel so confused and hard pressed. I do want to work with you, hear you and obey. I want to accomplish Your purposes over mine, even if it means upheaval and messiness. Help me Jesus. Guide me Holy Spirit. Have your way in me today.

No comments: